Dear RD HOOP SOURCE ACADEMY families,
The well-being of our players, families and staff is our highest priority. With the recently elevated concern regarding the Coronavirus, we want to take a moment to reinforce typical infectious disease precautions and share with you some of the things we are doing to ensure our participants have safe and healthy environments.
(TRAINING SESSIONS & PRACTICE WILL CONTINUE TO RUN AS SCHEDULED.)
We are continuously monitoring the situation through both the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. While at this time, we’ve received no notification that cancellations are required, we will move swiftly to do so if recommended. The well-being of our participants and staff is our highest priority and we are prepared to follow their response recommendations.
As with any illness, such as flu,
CDC recommends the following precautions for all:
· Remain at home if you are sick. Keep your child home if they are sick (except to visit a health care professional).
· Remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. Instruct children to do the same.
· Refrain from touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands. Please instruct and remind your child to do the same.
· Avoid contact with people who are sick.
· Remember to cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Instruct and remind your child of the same. Wash hands after disposing of soiled tissues.
· All family members should get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
If you plan on traveling over Spring Break please consult the CDC link for Travelers.
Please follow the National Guidelines for Sporting Events that the CDC has published
• Players Do Not Share Water Bottles.
• Bring your own water from your house.
• Do not use water fountains or team water bottles. If filling up your water bottle, please wash your hands directly after.
• Remind players to cover their mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing and cover nose with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash and sanitize afterward.
• Remind players to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Remind players to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people that are sick.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• If anyone is showing flu-like symptoms, or if you are uncomfortable having them participate in organized activities, please keep them home. As appropriate, contact your healthcare provider.
We will continue to monitor this ever changing situation and update you and plans, changes, cancellation or reschedules should they occur.
If you have any questions please contact:
RD HOOP SOURCE ACADEMY LLC